Flight Test Instrumentation (FTI) refers to the equipment flight test engineers use to collect data from a platform during its flight test campaign. FTI usually consists of sensors, an airborne data acquisition system and monitoring equipment. This specialized flight test equipment must operate in a harsh environment (high vibration, shock, temperature gradients etc.) and be extremely reliable as lost time (due to not successfully collecting data) in a flight test campaign can be extremely expensive.
CWC-AE provides the most widely-installed Flight Test Instrumentation (FTI) in the world with more flight hours than any other. We lower risk by offering proven COTS airborne data acquisition with short delivery times and tightly integrated software. Customers benefit from a solution that saves time during flight test programs. Commissioning and calibration times are reduced using specially designed software tools that simplify flight line inspections, pre-flight checks and system reconfiguration.
Future Proof Flight Test Equipment
- Any card in any slot in any chassis
- One plug-in module away from any solution
- Over one hundred off-the-shelf interfaces designed for sources such as analog, digital, avionics bus, video and audio
- Significantly less wiring and simpler installation
- Higher data acquisition and recording rates
- Ease of integration with COTS equipment
- Supports integration with PCM systems
Open Standards and Technologies
- IEEE 1588 Precision Time Protocol (PTP)
- XidML vendor-neutral hardware configuration platform
- FAT32, SATA, CompactFlash® and PCAP for storage
- iNET compatible system